Friday 11 July 2014

If anyone is reading this -  Hello and welcome. 

I am a complete novice at actively blogging although I have been reading other blogs for years as well as being an active Pinner.


I have decided now is a good time to join in and collect my thoughts, pictures and links about my passion for all things needlework related into one place.


I've made a start by adding some lists and link lists.  Perhaps one day I will be brave enough to add a list of my UFOs.


In spite of the fact that I am and have been for many years a fully paid up member of SABLE (Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy), I add to my stash most months and would like to share what I've acquired this month.


Lizzie Kate is one of my all time favourite designers - I have stitched many of her designs both large and small and am currently stitching "Let them be Small".


I have just purchased Busy Bees which is 3 designs, all of which I love.  I bought some honeycomb design evenweave from www.sewitall.co.uk and have already stitched one bee related piece on it.  I plan to use it for at least one of these LK designs.


#165 Busy Bee -- Click to see our finished model

Another favourite designer, though one I have only discovered recently is Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks (AAN).   Beautiful designs which are crying out to be stitched on hand dyed fabric (which is one my great loves).   This stunning design has been added to my stash this month - stitching a dress like this is the nearest I will get to such gorgeousness these days.

NEW YEAR NEW DRESS

And speaking of hand dyed fabric........one of my favourite fabric sites has a sale offer this week of a grab bag of 3 pieces of hand dyed fabric for a great price.  I just couldn't resist and here they are


No comments:

Post a Comment