Saturday 19 July 2014

Cross Stitch Crazy magazine 193


I love Friday evenings when the whole weekend is still to come.    Of course I always have far more that I plan and hope to achieve in 2 days but on a Friday evening it all seems possible.

I found a few minutes to read the latest issue of Cross Stitch Crazy magazine (193)  which arrived 2 weeks ago!




The main design on the cover is by a designer I really love, Joan Elliott.   This one is a mermaid in some of my favourite colours so us definitely one for the "must stitch" list.    As with a lot of her designs it is stitched on hand dyed fabric by Polstiches.   It's a very subtle choice for this design   I would choose evenweave   instead of aida 





I love to stitch coasters as little gifts and this design by Diane Machin would be perfect for a coffee loving friend




Cushions are another passion and I am very taken by this design by Jody Rice of Satsuma Street

I had already discovered her quirky and colourful cityscape charts on Etsy and pinned lots of them.

This design is all whole stitches so would be a quick stitch 




Finally there are some lovely cute designs by Durene Jones which are shown as cards but which I would use for coasters or scissors fobs 





My favourite is probably The Bees Knees but then I do love stitching bees and especially since I discovered honeycomb fabric at Sewitall


http://www.sewitall.com/webshop/evenweave-fabric/133-28ct-11pts-cm/ffe28-929-honeycomb-evenweave-28


So one magazine with lots of things I would love to stitch 



No comments:

Post a Comment