Saturday 2 August 2014

Scissors from The Sampler Guild


Shepherd's Bush have been a favourite designer for decades so when I saw the Shepherd's Fold project I had to sign up 
http://www.shepherdsbush.net/shepherds-fold.htm
I get mine from Fobbles a lovely shop in the Lake District which I would love to visit one day
https://www.fobbles.co.uk/bom-mysteries.html
So far there has been the box top and a scissor fob plus pincushion kit.  I haven't started stitching them yet but know I'm going to love them. 

Shepherd's Bush have a section showing "fun things" to put in the box and I fell in love with the Little Love purple scissors.  I do have a bit of an obsession with scissors and scissor fobs so when I found a page on The Sampler Guild website dedicated to embroidery scissors I was drooling.   I could have ordered one of each.  The site doesn't have online shopping.  I called and left a message and a lovely lady called Linda who runs The Sampler Guild called me back.  I emailed the details of my order and paid by paypal. Scissors arrived very promptly.  Great service and wonderful goods.

The pumpkin shaped scissors have already been given to my friend together withe coaster I stitched and a Just Nan needle slide and I forgot to take a photo but they are all here
http://www.thesamplerguild.co.uk/TSG%20Scissors%20Shop%20Page.htm

These are the purple ones to go with my SB scissor fob and another pair in blue "just because"


I can see me buying more as gifts for stitchy friends together with a stitched scissor fob

These 2 have longer blades


This tiny pair with an Eiffel Tower design are ear marked for a friend who loves France


And finally! I couldn't resist these 2. Daisy and Hearts Atopple


Well I did say I had a bit of an obsession with scissors.

1 comment: