Friday 29 August 2014

Cross Stitch Crazy magazine 195 Nov 2014


Saturday's post brought the latest issue of Cross Stich Crazy magazine.  One of the reasons I continue to subscribe is that I love to see stitchy mail and most issues have something I would like to stitch

The free gifts this month include a Christmas chart booklet by Joan Elliott, a separate chart and an accessory pack with some ribbons and a heart

I like a lot of Joan Elliott's designs and there are some cute charts in here for cards or ornaments. My particular favourites are the word ones.   I like these booklets because they include backing papers which are useful. 

Most of the designs in the magazine either don't appeal or are too similar to others I have with one notable exception.  There is a lovely Christmas design by one my favourite designers, Lizzie Kate.  There is also an interview with the designer 


I like to add to my Christmas stitching every year and this is going on the MUST STITCH pile.   Unlike most LK designs this is only charted for standard DMC, Anchor and Madeira.   I plan to use my stash of hand dyed threads instead and will probably also use some buttons or charms. Love it and my needle is twitching in anticipation already 

No comments:

Post a Comment