Tuesday 22 December 2015

Advent Blog Hop December 22nd

I haven't blogged in a while and when I saw the email from the lovely Jo about her Advent Blog Hop I htought that wasw just the thing to get me started again.
However "Man proposes, God disposes" and if I thought I had been busy then December has been nothing short of manic.  It has been almost a needle free zone with many other things taking priority. Luckily I did finish and mail a Christmas card for a small exchange I organised.
This is the card I sent
It's a design by Joan Elliott from an old magazine

This is the card I received in the exchange.  He is so cute   I love snowmen and have a display of them as part of my Christmas decorations so this little fellow fits right in


I also finished a Christmas design which was stitched in October/November.  I mounted it onto to a hanger by Rico which I bought from www.artsanddesigns.com
I highly recommend this site - great service and prices


The design was a freebie from Le Chalet des Perelles http://perelles.canalblog.com

I used my favourite DMC variegated thread 115 and DMC blanc on 32 count opalescent raw Belfast linen.  It was a really enjoyable stitch.

Jo has asked if we have any Christmas Eve traditions.   As I have always been working on Christmas Eve I'm afraid my traditions are wrapping the last of the presents for the children/grandchildren, prepping the veg for Christmas lunch and attempting to get to bed at a reasonable time.   Not very exciting but for our family the excitement starts on Christmas Day and includes Boxing Day as we celebrate both days (and have Christmas lunch both days).

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas however you spend it and a happy, healthy and stitch-filled New Year.

15 comments:

  1. I've had to work many Christmases as well I'm glad you get to celebrate all Christmas though :) Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas stitching is lovely, and that snowman card is very cute. I was a nurse, so working over the Christmas holiday period was usual for a big part of my life. I hope you have a joyful festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas stitching is lovely, and that snowman card is very cute. I was a nurse, so working over the Christmas holiday period was usual for a big part of my life. I hope you have a joyful festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the freebie design from Le Chalet des Perelles and the lovely hanger you finished it with.
    Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your post and the beautiful stitch pictures. That Reindeer one is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing the links, will try visiting the sites you mentioned. Have a wonderful holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching - I especially love the freebie from Le Chalet des Parelles and the gorgeous hanger you used to finish it!
    Wishing you a restful Christmas and plenty of stitching time in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop, hopefully it will bring back the blogging bug for you!
    The two cards are lovely, such a lot of work has gone into both of them.
    I love the snowglobe reindeer too, I knew you'd used 115 as soon as I saw it. It's my favourite variegated red!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping by on the blog hop. Love your card. Very pretty! Love the snowman you received. Snowman are my fav too. You can decorate with them all winter. Your other piece is beautiful too. Perfect with the hanger. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Christmas stitching. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty cards and the reindeer design is gorgeous with the hanger. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching, I especially like the reindeer snowglobe hanging.
    Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the reindeer by Cathy from Le Chalet de Perelles. I have to download it and stitch it, too. It's also a great Joan Elliott piece that you found in the magazine. And a lovely snowman card that you received.
    Enjoy Christmas Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of the designs are lovely! I hope you have had a very Merry Christmas Day! We were in Canada one Christmas and I then realized how much fun Boxing Day can be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute little finishes :) I'm hoping to read more from you again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stitching is lovely, the reindeer finish is wonderful!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete