Monday 1 June 2015

Smalls SAL May



I'm late posting this update on the Smalls SAL for 2 reasons - I didn't actually finish a small design until late in the month and then I delayed posting about it because it was a gift for a colleague who occasionally visits my blog.

But that's still no reason for not posting at the weekend.   As usual Monday came around far too quickly without me opening my lap top.   I use my iPad all the time but prefer to update my blog on a laptop or desk top with a proper keyboard.

Anyway without further ado here is my May small - a retirement card for a colleague who is planning to spend more time in the garden.




The pretty design was from an old cross stitch magazine using DMC and white evenweave.   I changed some of the colours as I used some of those little bits of thread that I have accumulated from kits and finished projects.

Having been behind in May I am already ahead for June as I have already finished the stitching on a couple of small designs.   Hopefully I can finish at least one of these before the next report is due.  Watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to see another person who saves and uses those odds and ends from kits! They do come in handy some times. Your little garden piece looks so nice too: I am sure your colleague loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a lovely card you created for your colleague.

    ReplyDelete