Saturday 12 July 2014

World of Cross Stitching magazine issue 219

I am a self confessed stitching magazine addict with a huge collection of magazines from UK, USA, Australia and France dating back to 1991 when I bought an early issue  of a new UK magazine called Needlecraft.  It featured all kinds of needlework and had a cross stitch as a cover mount.  I was hooked.  I had done some cross stitch and some needlepoint In the 80s but lost interest and concentrated on dressmaking.  This magaIne reignited my interest in decorative stitching and I haven't looked back since

I have reduced the number of magazine subscriptions I have but they still pop through the letter box regularly and I love the anticipation of opening a new issue and finding that "must stitch" design - which can sometimes be in the ads or the articles or in the reader letters 

WOCS isn't my favourite but I still enjoy reading it.   The issue which arrived today has a nice free gift of a stitch chart magnifier with a length of ribbon so that you can wear it round your neck


There aren't really many of the designs which are the sort of thing I would stitch    The Forever Friends bears on the cover are cute and I gave stitched some of them.  

The only design I've bookmarked for consideration is a set of rose designs which are shown as cards but which I might use as coasters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment